Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How did I get so many treasures in my family?



To all the little golden nuggets in my Gold Mine!........

Here I am......sitting here in my little cottage......surrounded by all the memories
of my past........And just drinking in all my blessings.....I must have a magic cup.....Because it
just keeps getting larger..........I am at this moment......The richest little grama in the entire
universe..............There comes a moment when I hardly have the strength to hold my cup......
I'm just sitting here.....And I have this little precious grand-daughter who just calls me up and
says....."Grama.....Go to your George Web.......And there is a surprise for you".......And there
on my George is ........An entire gallery of Michael Music coming down to me on a secret
network from Heaven............And what am I doing?.......Weeping......Because I know when I
ever receive something that touches me this much.......Heaven is performing its magic......And
I know the instigator..............Our Father in Heaven works through his children on earth if
they are in tune..........And am I lucky?.............This music has ......more than anything else brought back my past with my sweetheart.........This was our era......This was our moment in
the sun...................It just wasn't long enough........The Lord knew......how lonesome I would be
........And he has sent my way........everything I would possibly need.........First I had my little
job with "Certified Cable".....when I got to work with Susans boys.......And she gave me my
little Tiki............Then the Temple called me to work there........This was all in the course of
17 years............I think it would be honest to say........These years I was in shock mode.......And I was trying to survive.........I wasn't very strong.......Gradually step by step.....I picked up
a little moxy.......And I have tried to realize why I was left here?.........I have studied and prayed.......And still I know not........But I know God is in charge.....And he doesn't make mistakes........I have been given the strength up to this point........Now I realize this time since
I have been not working in the temple.....This time has been the hardest of all.......But I have
Susan......who has been a God send to me......If there is anything I need......She is there......And
she and I have grown to really understand each other........And it is great when there is someone to talk to...........And we have reached a plateau......Where we can talk and disagree....
This is huge........And also wonderful...................Anyway.......How lucky I am......And then I
have Joe who just gave me an extra TV?.......I cherish it.....in my bedroom......And then Susan
gave me first her Computer.......Later I bought a newer one.......And then Justin and Cindy just showed up one day with a brand new Frigerator.......Bless their hearts.......And I forgot.....One day Joe called me up and said...{ 8:AM].....Go to your door granma.....There is someone who
wants to say hi to you........It was a Plumber with a brand new toilet.....At Joe's request.......
That was super..........I haven't mentioned everything......But can you imagine?.........There is
just me and the walls having a conversation and........out of the blue.....There is someone
floating down sprinkles of gold dust on top of my head........And of course I know.......It is
a completion of the Gold Mine that Dad and I shared........And it is he in heaven reminding
me how wealthy we both are............Am I just the luckiest?............I think so........I don't know
if this will fit on my George page........Well......Anyway......Thanks to you all......for being so
generous with me.........And just knowing that you are all there......I just short of heaven.....
........You just being there......Have made my being put on pause........A little less hurtful.......

And I adore you all.....................Just me......Grama......
P.S. Thanks Britt......That was just super!.......And even slightly wonderful.....Did I say
thanks?..........Oh yeah!.......It is just great......Having all your grandkids smarter than you are....
Do I feel like a Putz?......................And to Justin and Cindy.....My beautiful White Stove.......And
to Joe.....For my Brand new Potty Chair............You are all just fantastic........


6 comments:

Sue said...

Gram...Your so easy to sprinkle gold dust on...You have given everything you possibly have to your posterity..Your wealth, your time and your testimony..We are the lucky ones to have you here to remind us all of what truely matters..

Dad only agreed to leave if he knew you would be taken care of..

You have so many angels around you..Is there any doubt that you are being watched after?...

Sue said...

Britt..You are amazing..Great job on helping mom with her fav. music.

Brittany is the one
who loves to have some fun.
But when you need something done
she'll be your honey bun
g-ma's angel for today.. you have just won..

(o.k. its corny, but are you feelin the love?)

Joe and Marci said...

My neighbor tried to argue that God is not omniscient but He is omnipotent. Are you kidding me? How can anyone believe that God lacks knowledge at all.

God knows everything and knows each of us. I can assure you that God hears us and answers our prayers. He knows our needs, and will only give us what we can handle. God often answers our prayers through others. Do you want to know if you are (to use my mother’s words) “in tune”? When you feel inspired to do something for someone, do it without question…that means you’re in tune. We are required to share our gifts, talents, and resources. I believe that our response to others’ needs, in a sense, defines our legacy.

Sorry about the long post, but quite frankly, you’re worth it. You’ve always been worth it. One evening I stopped by your house and we were talking about raising children and the joy and worry that came with it. Your eyes started to water and you said, “Joe, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t worry about my children. I would do anything for them.” I left with greater appreciation for you and learned a valuable lesson.

You have a legacy to emulate. I know God knows how important you are to our family. Blogs remind us of the important things in this life.

I know Grandpa is aware of what is going on. “You can’t have her yet, so back OFF!”

Love you, pal.

Brittany said...

So, I was reading g-ma's post and I was BAWLING! But then I read Sue's poem and then I had to laugh. Honestly Sue, I think that is the first time in my whole life someone has written a poem for me. Seriously. That's probably kinda sad. But anyway, Grandma, I am so happy that you like your playlist, and tomorrow I will add more songs. I'm excited that you are excited. And Sue, I'm definitely feeling the love. Crying and laughing at the same time... how better could I sum up our "family time" together?!! Love you all!

The Heugly 8 said...

Grandma Beautiful, I know you would trade all the gifts for maybe one more day, one more week, one more month, one more year, with Grandpa, but with his passing it has allowed many to serve. What a blessing of strength you have provided for our family. These past 16+ years I've got to know you better than my first 21. I cherish those times I got to play basketball with grandpa. Going to Deseret Gym, having him give us cheeseburgers and fries and shakes after. I was able to bond with him so close. Now I get to say how I cherished my time working with you for over ten years. How you supplied me with more goodies then I can mention. I was always so proud of you. You worked very hard, gave so much, and put up with Jim. I'll never forget that. I now have a bond with you that will never pass. I once gave you a rose from grandpa on valentines day. I'll never forget how happy you were and how happy it made me. Each little gift from me I know comes with a kiss and hug from grandpa. I hope I'm allowed to give you many more.

Thank you Grandma I Love You!
Justin

Anonymous said...

Ok, Justin can I say I have been bawling. I have decided we HAVE to stay in touch with each other SERIOUSLY. That is what Grandpa would want us to do, it is what he had us to our whole childhood. Hopefully Sue, Brit, Grandma Beautiful (I love that Justin), and Justin. We owe that to Grandpa, and Grandma. I love all of you with all my heart don't ever forget that. And Grandma I really can't read your blogs, cause then I just start sobbing. I crave your guts, and I am sooooo proud to call you Grandma Beautiful (sorry just I am still that, cause how perfect is that for her).
Love you ALL Dearly,
Candisse