Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random Thoughts...

I have a little thought I want to share with all of you.........It hit home......And helped me understand myself a little better......A French novelist...Anatole France...observed that......"All changes.....even the most longed for.....have their melancholy........for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves...........We must die to one life.....before we can enter another."...........................And then she goes on to explain all the different kind of changes we have to adjust to in our life...........A death...........a divorce.............A loss of a job.............a move..................your children starting school..............your children getting married..........losing a friend................a severe illness...............a severe accident......Probably with out any doubt........shutting the door on any one these experiences is more than devastating............And for that reason I can think of nothing that takes more skill than to handle any of these things gracefully.................There may be nothing of equal value to the quality of your life than to be able to have mastered the dignity to cope under any of these.........Some of us have experienced every single one of these...........And is it any doubt we feel so melancholy.....................Just thought I'd share.........I heard one of my friends say once......"You have to learn to bounce in this life"...........Meaning ......we can't stay down for too long........Love to you all Gram
Let's all try to bounce more and be more flex able with what life throws our way..


4 comments:

Brittany said...

Grandma! I loved your thought today! I was gonna get mad if you hadn't posted anything since I was gone, but you did it! We just got back yesterday, and I missed you! By the way- Suka's aunt sent home some jewelry for you, so we've got to bring it up! love you, b

Brittany said...

PS- I'm not very good yet at "bouncing" in this life. So this is something I need to work on...

leslie reynolds said...

Mom, I am so trying to bounce. What great comments. It is exactly what I need to do. . . BOUNCE!!!!. I can do that. Lance has been gone until 11:30 every night this week. Bounce. He almost has his whole ward staffed. Bounce. Miss Idaho, is the new relief society pres. in his ward and she is really cute. Bounce. I'm still crying for no good reason. Bounce. Had dad on my mind all day sunday. Cry Scream. Bounce, bounce, bounce. Mom, you cannot remain silent. Bouncing or not, I need to hear what you have to say. It's the only way I can bounce. I love you so much.

Sue said...

Leslie, I don't know if you'll read this comment, but you cracked me up with your bounce comment..Too funny..

Love ya Sue